Top 55+ Community Features What Today’s Homebuyers Want
Lifestyle amenities and activities top the list of the most important features future homeowners desire when considering a 55+ community, according to the PrivateCommunities Registry(PCR) 2022 annual survey.
The top four must-haves include a swimming pool, walking/biking trails, a fitness center and a clubhouse. Noble’s Pond happens to have all of these and has won multiple awards for the community’s design, including its amenities. In this blog, we’ll explore each of these popular amenity spaces that can be found within Noble’s Pond.
First and foremost, all future homeowners look forward to exploring the community’s Clubhouse. At the center of Noble’s Pond is The Point. This is the hub of the community offering a one-stop shop for centralized fun and socialization. A country club-style building where the amenities and idyllic landscape grounds present the perfect setting for life’s special celebrations.
Inside most Clubhouses you will typically find meeting rooms and lounges, providing numerous options for relaxing, gaming, exercising and simply meeting with your neighbor friends. At Noble’s Pond, you will find:
- The Gathering Point, featuring ballroom seating and serving as the main area where homeowners gather for most events throughout the year. Many special memories are made and loads of laughter fill these walls! Events from the ever-popular annual Girls Night Out to Fight MS event to the delicious Chili Cook-Off Contest, our homeowners love attending the events held here to support good causes and have a great time with their neighbors and friends.
- The Fitness and Wellness Center is also a great place to participate in an aerobics or yoga class, or simply workout on the state-of-the-art fitness machines on your own.
- The Billards Room is also a popular place where homeowners regularly meet up. Friendly competitions often happen here over a game of billiards, poker, darts, or shuffleboard.
- The Conservatory is the perfect spot when you want to curl up with a good book by the fireplace, or partake in one of the community’s many groups and club meetings. It’s not uncommon to find a competitive mah-jongg competition taking place one night and a book club meetup the next.
Another sought-after area of 55+ communities can be found outside of the Clubhouse, but usually nearby. There are usually more outdoor amenities to enjoy for additional exercise, hobbies and relaxation. Outside of The Point at Noble’s Pond you will find:
- The Swimming Pool with an Olympic Lane, (the #1 must-have amenity in the PCR 2022
survey) serves as the spot not only for taking a swim, but it’s also the location where many of the summer events happen! Homeowners gather for weekly Summer Grilling by the pool, pool parties, as well as for the beloved annual Woodstock event among others.
- The Community Gardens offer available plots for homeowners to test out their green thumbs cultivating their own fruits, vegetables, and other plants of choice.
- Tennis and Bocce Courts are also a popular amenity where competitive homeowners of more than 30 bocce teams gathered to play just this past summer alone!
Away from the Clubhouse, other community amenities are often important to 55+ homebuyers. The walkability of a community has grown in importance and options like greenspace and walking paths are expected by current homebuyers. Findings from the PCR 2022 survey indicated that walking/biking trails are the #2 must-have.
Noble’s Pond offers several ponds, one with an observation deck, but all with scenic views, giving the perfect backdrop for leisurely strolls while taking in the natural beauty of the grounds. There are sidewalks throughout the entire community, providing easy access to any neighborhood within the community. It’s also not uncommon to see homeowners riding bikes or exploring the walking trails scattered throughout the community as well.
A visit to any community is the best way to explore its lifestyle amenities. While there, take time to talk with homeowners about which they love best, and get to know the active lifestyle in person!
Contact the community’s Online Concierge at 302-725-4470 to learn more.